SET ENTRANCE EXAM 2023 - Overview of SET/SLAT/SITEEE
Candidates aspiring to join B.A LL. B(Hons.) /B.B.A. LL.B (Hons.) / B.A LL.B. / B.B.A. LL.B/B.B.A./B.C.A./B.B.A.(I T)/B.A.(M.C)/B.Sc (Economics) Hons./B.A. (Liberal Arts) Honours / B.Sc. (Liberal Arts) Honours/B.Tech/B.Sc. (Applied Statistics and Data Science) programmes offered by institutes of Symbiosis International (Deemed University) have to appear for the common, mandatory Computer Based Test(s) (CBT). Since 2018, “SET” is known as Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET), “SET – Law” test is known as Symbiosis Law Admission Test (SLAT) and “SET – Engineering” as SIT Engineering Entrance Exam (SITEEE). These are conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode across various cities of India.
SIU announces the four-year degree programme with multiple entry and exit options as envisioned in the NEP 2020. The highlights of the new programme offerings are as under
- The Programme framework allows exciting options to pursue single major, double majors, minors, opportunity to pursue multidisciplinary, Ability and Skill enhancement courses
- Offers a good blend of immersive learning, research and community engagement
- Includes opportunities for semester exchange programmes with foreign universities
Offers the following exit options
- A Certificate at the end of the first year of the programme with 44 credits
- A Diploma at the end of the first two years of the programme with 84 credits
- A UG Degree at the end of 3 years of the programme with 120 credits
- A UG Degree with Honours / Research at the end of the 4 years of the programme with 160 credits
* Not applicable for programmes under SLAT, SITEEE, and SSLA
A candidate needs to register for SET/SLAT/SITEEE 2023 & also register for the institutes offering his/ her choice of programmes by paying separate programmes registration fees. If shortlisted, he/she would then need to attend the further admission process conducted by each of these institutes individually.
Candidates are fully and solely responsible to provide correct information during the application process. If it is found that any information provided by the candidate at the time of filling / submitting the application form is not true, SIU has the right to cancel the application or admission, at any stage, in accordance with its rules and regulations. Any direct or indirect attempt to influence the management and employees of the Institute will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.